I am starting a business
According to section 21, subsection (4) of the Commercial Code „ a foreign person’s authorization to carry on a business activity on the territory of the Slovak Republic takes effect on the day as of which that person, or that person’s organizational component, is recorded in the Commercial Register. Such foreign person is authorized to engage in the range of business activites specified in its entry in the Commercial Register. The application for this is filed by the foreign person concerned.
According to section 21, subsection (5) of the Commercial Code „the provision of subsection (4) shall not apply to individuals (natural persons) who have a permanent residential address in a member state of the European Union or in some other state of the European Economic Area, if such individuals carry on business activity on the territory of the Slovak Republic.
1. Anyone intending to start a business in the field of electronic communications must first of all meet the terms and conditions laid down in General Authorization no. 1/2014 to provide electronic communications networks or electronic communications services. Of particular importance in the first stage is Article 2 "Notification Obligation". To satisfy the notification obligation, the prospective undertaking must send the completed notification to the address of the Regulatory Authority for Electronic Communications and Postal Services ("RU" or "Regulatory Authority"). The respective form may be downloaded from the RU website. At the bottom of the General Authorization is Addendum no. 1, which gives examples for the completion of the form. After receiving the satisfactory and complete notification, the Office will record the notifying party as an undertaking providing networks, services or networks and services. If the applicant requires written confirmation of his fulfilment of the notification obligation, he is to state this fact in writing along with the notification and is to pay an administrative fee of €16.50 by enclosing revenue stamps for this amount.
2. For those requiring the assignment of a number for the provision of services, the relevant information may be found in the section "Numbering".
3. Numbering of end-users and other conditions for the provision of Voice over Internet Protocol services - Regulatory Approach of the Telecommunications Office of the Slovak Republic to the Provision of Voice over Internet Protocol Services.
4. If you intend to establish access to users by means of RLAN equipment operating in the band 2400 - 2483,5 MHz, you will have to comply with all the conditions laid down in General Authorization VPR - 01/2001. If you intend to establish access to users by means of HIPERLAN equipment operating in the band 5470 - 5725 MHz, you will have to comply with all the conditions laid down in General Authorization VPR - 02/2009. Note: radio equipment operated under these authorizations is not subject to a right of protection against harmful interference from other equipment authorized for operation in these frequencies.
5. If you intend to establish access to users, or a backbone network, and to have a right to protection against harmful interference, or if you need to achieve a longer leap, you must use different radio equipment authorized for operation under an individual authorization. The method and conditions under which the spectrum may be used is laid down in the Spectrum Usage Plan. Annexes for the different bands are given after the main text. Applicants may download the prescribed forms. The schedule of charges for the frequency usage right is stipulated in a generally binding legal regulation.
6. Under Section 36(2) of the Act, an undertaking offering public network interfaces to which terminal equipment is connected is required to submit the technical specifications of these interfaces to the Office for publication. The specifications are to be sent to the State Supervision Department of the TO SR, e-mail: email@example.com.
7. The obligations that an undertaking with significant market power ("SMP") has towards undertakings conducting, or planning to conduct business in the respective market are laid down in decisions defining an SMP undertaking.
8. Reference offers of SMP undertakings are available on the internet. After the contracts on interconnection have been concluded, a list of them, including the basic technical and economic conditions of interconnection, is published on the internet.
9. Principal deadlines relating to undertakings' obligations:
a) For the purpose of determining the amount of the administrative charge and the issuance of a decision, an undertaking using:
- a double-entry bookkeeping system is required to submit to the Office a statistical profit and loss statement2) together with an annex stating revenues related solely to the provision of networks, services, or networks and services,
- a single-entry bookkeeping system is required to submit to the Office a statement of revenue and expenses along with an annex stating revenue related solely to the provision of networks, services or networks and services,
and to do so by 10 April.3)
3) For an undertaking which notifies the Office that the time limit for the submission of its tax declaration has been extended in accordance with Section 49(3) of Act no. 595/2003 Coll. on Income Tax as amended, the deadline is set at 10 July.
b) In the decisions of the Office under which numbers are assigned, it is stated that: "The holder shall submit a report on the use of the assigned number by 31 January of each year."
In other cases, the deadlines for complying with obligations are set on an individual basis.