Powers and competencies of the Regulatory Authority for Electronic Communications and Postal Services (Regulatory Authority)
The Regulatory Authority for Electronic Communications and Postal Services, which is the state administration body with nationwide coverage in the area of electronic communications and postal services, performs in the area of postal services:
- state regulation of postal services and postal payment service,
- state supervision over the provision of postal services and postal payment service,
- international cooperation in the area of postal services at the level of regulatory authorities,
- function of notification body in the area of state regulation in relation to bodies of the European Union and to relevant bodies of the member states of the European Union and to relevant bodies of the member states of the European Free Trade Association,
- other activities according to this Act,
- statistic survey for the area of postal services.
- State regulation
- State Supervision
- Registration of postal company
- Decisions of the Regulatory Authority
All activities of state regulation and state supervision over the provision of postal services are still performed by Permanent Working Place of Regulatory Authority for the area of postal services in Žilina, Ul. 1. mája 16.
The European Regulators Group for Postal Services (ERGP) is an advisory group to the European Commission. It facilitates consultation and cooperation between the independent National Regulatory Authorities (NRAs) in EU countries, and between NRAs and the Commission to help consolidate the internal market for postal services and ensure the consistent application of the postal/parcel legislation. The ERGP was established By European Commission decision 2010/C217/07 dated 10 August 2010.
ERGP is composed of NRAs from EU countries. The Commission, member states of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA), European Economic Area countries (EEA) and EU candidate countries participate as observers to the group.
Participation takes place at the level of heads of the NRAs and the chair is elected from the membership.
More information: https://ec.europa.eu/growth/sectors/postal-services/ergp_en